Bow and Arrow vs. Guns: What is the Best Weapon when SHTF?
Bows! Guns! You Decide.
THIS CONVERSATION NEVER GETS OLD! When SHTF and you need a weapon that will help you keep your enemies at bay and also fend for food. Let’s weigh the options between having our most favorite gun or going traditional for a bow when SHTF.
QUICK HISTORY LESSON FOR THOSE WHO WANT A LITTLE BACKGROUND. WE THOUGHT THIS WAS COOL…
HISTORY OF THE BOW&ARROW
People in Africa invented bows and arrows, probably about 64,000 years ago. Some of the earliest arrowheads come from South Africa. As people spread from Africa to India, Australia, all over Asia, and Europe, they took their bows and arrows with them.
Humans have relied heavily on archery as their means of survival for both hunting and combat. After the Chinese invented black powder during the 9th century, these inventions were later transmitted to the Middle East, Africa, and Europe. The direct ancestor of the firearm is the fire lance. The prototype of the fire lance was invented in China during the 10th century and is the predecessor of all firearms.
After civilization kicked in and we no longer had to rely on game for our survival, archery almost disappeared.
THE HISTORY OF THE GUN
The oldest surviving firearm is the Heilongjiang hand cannon dated to 1288. The Middle East obtained firearms in the 14th century
During the early modern age, these hand-held cannons evolved into the flintlock rifle, then the breech loader and finally the automatic weapon. In 1356 the Imperial-Spanish army had equipped units with handguns called arquebusiers.
Columbus and other early explorers were probably the first Europeans to bring guns to the New World, archaeologists say. The first gun in America probably came here in 1607, when the colonists first landed,”
Bow Pros and Cons
Bow survival weapons are a great choice – run out of gun ammo and you’re out of luck. However, with a bow, you can shoot at animals or other things and even if you hit a target and it gets away, you just need another arrow – made of another kind of material – to go back to hunting. And, that’s the best thing about arrows – they can be made from most kinds of materials.
Another worthwhile trait of bows is that they’re silent, especially if they’re used correctly with string silencers.
- One of the biggest downfalls of the bow is the rate of fire; an issue that goes back to the middle ages.
In order to hit a target with a bow shot, you need to be closer than you would if you have a rifle.
– In case you want to set your target on fire, the bow is the easiest way to do so. By simply firing a flaming arrow, you can set your target on fire right from your spot.
– It’s possible to make a functional bow out of any stuff you find in the urban environment or woods. Though such a bow might not be as accurate as the commercial ones, it will still work in a SHTF scenario.
– In a long-term survival situation, an archer has the advantage of easy weapon maintenance. A gun handler must be able to keep their rifle clean. If you bring a gun cleaning kit in your bug out bag, how long will the oil last?
Guns Pros and Cons
Guns have the stopping ability and power to take down someone or something with very little effort.
Firearms are not that difficult to learn and can stop something immediately.
A real issue in today’s world is the shortage of ammunition.
One of the biggest negative aspects of a gun is the sound it makes –
– It is needless to say that guns bear more advantage when it comes to the firing range. With a modern weapon with the best rifle scopes, you can hit a target up to 600 yards away without even breaking a sweat.
– Another drawback is that guns have a greater stopping power compared to bows. This makes it easier for a shooter to take down their target on the spot. In case you were hunting game, this means that you do not have to track your animal.
However, a firearm has one top con that makes it an excellent choice for short-term survival situations only.
– Ammo shortages are the main drawback when it comes to the use of firearms. You ought to make every shot round count as you can’t reuse the ammo once it’s fired. This will not do well in your survival situation.
It is here…BREAKTHROUGH NEW PRODUCT: 1TAC POWERLANTERN FLASHLIGHT COMBO
YES, its FINALLY HERE, 1TAC combined the TC1200 flashlight with a patent-pending first of it’s kind, uniquely designed light refracting Lantern attachment that fits perfectly on the end of your existing TC1200 flashlight turning it instantly from a tactical flashlight into a Bright glowing power lantern with a 360 Degree wall of illumination.
As a result, this Durable, dependable FLASHLIGHT, LANTERN COMBO is perfect for any situation
Consequently, you can take this anywhere! Whether walking your dog, hiking, camping in the wilderness, BBQing in the backyard or any other outdoor activity, working in the garage, around the house, reading, or any emergency where you need practical bright light instantly for everyday living
Therefore you can be tough on this thing, it can take it! This compact durable lightweight flashlight + Lantern Combo is built to take with you anywhere and it’s built tough. The TC1200 + Power Lantern COMBO is GUARANTEED to satisfy all your lighting needs. BUY HERE NOW!
BE PREPARED FOR ANY EMERGENCY
Below is our list of our favorite Tactical Survival Gear ideas:
Amazing GEAR for any EMERGENCY and amazing adventures 1TAC Discounts continue through NEW YEARS with this HUGE SALE and FREE SHIPPING. Make 2018 BRIGHT!
Claim your GEAR discounts here on all things Tactical: BIG 1TAC NEW YEAR SALE
1TAC SURVIVAL GEAR IS HOT FOR 2018
1TAC knows how hard it is to know what Tactical Gear to buy so that’s why we kept our NEW YEAR SALE going with all these savings on our Tactical Gear. Now you can find the best SURVIVAL GEAR at www.1tac.com. Come to 1TAC and get prepared for ANY EMERGENCY and for your next OUTDOOR adventure.
5 Best Tactical Survival Gear Ideas:
1) OUR BEST AND BRIGHTEST TC 1200 Tactical Flashlight SHOP HERE
2) HL1200 Tactical Hands Free Headlamp SHOP HERE
3) 1TAC Tactical Pen SHOP HERE
4) 1HYDRO Filtration Bottle System SHOP HERE
5) ParaCord Survival Bracelet SHOP HERE
SAVE 75 – 90% + $50 dollar Shopping Credit
Proper gear – Make sure you have the right equipment. Don’t go running trails in three-year-old sneakers because you were in time crunch. Don’t rake the yard for four hours with no gloves. Make 2018 BRIGHT!
Here are some BEST TIPS for night hikes: NIGHT HIKE SAFETY.